Thursday, April 9, 2015

An Encaustic Painting By Sue Marrazzo

I am also an experimental encaustic painter. This is one medium that you can create a lot of texture with beeswax. I was always an admirer of Jasper Johns and his encaustic works. This is what led me to want to learn this medium. 
It is always new and I love the results. 
This work is currently on exhibit in a local community art exhibit. 

Title: "Depth and Abstraction"
Medium: Encaustic
Substrate: Panel
Size: 14" x 14"
Artist: Sue Marrazzo, ISAP, NCS

26 comments:

  1. Nice composition, color, textures and contrasts, I like it a lot, it has a simplicity that I like. I get a little American flag in reverse vibe from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue.. love that!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular. The texture you have achieved here is incredible. This is definitely a piece to be seen in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! It does have a Jasper Johns feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous texture!! awesome piece :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful textures and soft colours... so tempted by Encaustics, but really mustn't start down yet another path when I already have so many still to go down with the supplies I already have!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...It is a very rewarding medium!
      YOU would love it...SOMEDAY = )

      Delete
  7. Love the colors and textures and the perfect echoes of circular shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your work is always amazing Sue !
    gorgeous with the choose of colours
    and the different shapes and textures
    I really love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the work - love the title. You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fabulous - great contrast and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic texture - makes me want to Play with wax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one. Another medium I have always wanted to learn. Too many crafts too little time!

    ReplyDelete