Saturday, January 24, 2015

"PAINTED ILLUMINATION" BY SUE MARRAZZO

DAY #24: 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS

For this mixed media painting, I was INSPIRED by a Jackson Pollock 1950's painting on the cover of a MOMA Art Book. At 1st I was attracted to the color palette in this work. Then I opened the book to the history of his work, and quotes by the artist. I was then also INSPIRED by Jackson Pollock's freedom, loose style, and experimental nature. He was a bold painter, and not afraid of making changes to his work. 
Here is my 24th painting...

 Title: "Painted Illumination"
Medium: Mixed Media
Substrate: Canvas Panel
Size: 8" x 10"
Style: Abstract
Artist: Sue Marrazzo, ISAP, NCS

A Close-Up

24 comments:

  1. Very Nice...I wonder if we all will be able to sleep after day 30 . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture, colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous painting, Sue. One of the many great benefits of these challenges is discovering unique artwork like yours. I've enjoyed viewing them and look forward to more.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day!
      Thanks for your positive comments, Sharon ( ;

      Delete
  4. Love this ! Beautiful colour, glimmer and texture.... have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a different pallette, but I like it very much. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue - This has such a knitted, fiber feel to it. Love the color palette too!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I thought the same as Connie - it made me think of a Fair Isle knitting pattern! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! Love the beautiful color palette and texture!

    ReplyDelete