Monday, January 12, 2015

"Under The Tuscan Sun" By Sue Marrazzo

DAY #12: 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS

In this photo the paint is still wet. I wanted to share this as soon as I was finished painting this mixed media painting. The INSPIRATION for this painting came from 2 sources, again. The colors were INSPIRED by the colors in a new seed catalog that came in the mail. The 2nd source of INSPIRATION came from an article in a 2013 lifestyle magazine. The photos in this article were warm and glowing..I loved them! So, here is #12 for the painting challenge that I am doing for this month....

Title: Under the Tuscan Sun
Medium: Mixed Media
Size: 4" x 12"
Medium: Mixed Media
Substrate: Canvas
Style: Abstract
Artist: Sue Marrazzo, ISAP, NCS

A Close-Up

9 comments:

  1. Wow this ambitious!! This makes a great statement !of color and shape! Awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, my first thought was WOW! And then I thought, "Cake". The white looks like sweet icing, and the colors are just so happy. Made me think of those amazing artsy designer cakes. I love the unusual size and layout, and it is fun hearing where your inspiration comes from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWE! Thanks for your comments! I love hearing ART interpretations!!!!

      Delete
  3. Sue, the composition and colors used are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece - great movement.

    ReplyDelete