Monday, January 19, 2015

"Speaking Volumes" By Sue Marrazzo

DAY #19: 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS

This is #19 for this month's painting challenge. The INSPIRATION for this piece was in a MOMA book with many contemporary artists in it. 
I came across a painting by 
Morris Louis called "Pungent Distance." 
It was full of warm bold colors, vertical stripes, and it "spoke" to me. 
Here is another of my INSPIRED mixed media paintings... 

 Title: "Speaking Volumes"
Medium: Mixed Media
Substrate: Canvas Board
Size: 11" x 14"
Style: Abstract
Artist: Sue Marrazzo, ISAP, NCS

A Close-Up

12 comments:

  1. This made me think Tennessee, country music. I know that is a stretch but the colors, made that pop into my head. I can see the body of a guitar, and the neck running perpendicular to that. The scroll work mimics music too. Cool piece, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the energy in the centre and the combination of colours shown in the closeup! Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Interesting to me how the white areas add so much energy to this painting. I did not expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transition between the colours and the light in the middle, and all those bumpy textures. Real Cool!

    ReplyDelete