Sunday, May 25, 2014

Artist Sue Marrazzo Shares "American Tradition"


This is a mixed media horse painting created recently as a live demo during an Art & Wine Walk here in PA. I did about 80% then and just finished it up in my art studio. It was created on a canvas using handmade papers, found collage papers, a found image, ink, gel medium, liquid medium, silver leaf, lace, notions, acrylic paint, gesso, and more. There is plenty of depth and texture in this work. I wanted to share this horse painting being this is horse racing season. 
Also the horse represents American Tradition, and with this in mind...
Enjoy your American Tradition; and have a very 
Happy Memorial Day with friends and family!

Title: American Tradition
Medium: Mixed Media/Collage
Size: 8" x 8"
Substrate: Canvas
Artist: Sue Marrazzo, ISAP, NCS
Available for Purchase



18 comments:

  1. LIke the closeup w variety of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many details ... i like the restricted color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, love the texture on int!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful. I love the great textures. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie!
      I tried to show the textures with the photography.

      Delete
  5. Hello Sue,
    you've won something...see my blogpost...contact me by email for your postal address, Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great News!
      I did send my info...It was returned to me.
      Please let me know what to do...THANK YOU!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Sue, this is a very cool piece! I really like the way the interplay of all the different elements creates a mood of excitement, just the feeling I would associate with horse racing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece is great. Shows your wonderful skill with design and color.
    I always enjoy something I can look at and explore a variety of textures.

    ReplyDelete